- When a classroom event is in session, access to the classroom is restricted to the instructor and participants.
- Teaching event attendees are requested to enter via the Classroom Entrance. Looking at the building from the parking lot, this entrance is on the right side of the building. Gallery visitors should use the entrance on the opposite side of the building.
- The outside classroom entrance is locked except when a teaching event is scheduled.
- Any materials and supplies on the studio supplies shelves may be used in the studio by instructors or students.
- Gamsol is the only solvent permitted in the studio.
- Solvents, mediums, palette scrapings, oil painting or acrylic paint sludge from brush washing containers, and food must never be placed in sinks or drains. Use the provided receptacles.
- All student work must be taken home between classes. We do not have adequate or secure storage space for it in the studio.
- The coffee bar and snacks are complimentary for instructors and students. Help yourself!
- Food containers left in the fridge after a class or workshop ends will be thrown out.
- The teaching studio is available for rental for approved events; see details here.
As independent contractors, our instructors determine the refund policy for their classes. Generally, refunds are not given. This is intended to discourage frivolous sign-ups. However, it is ultimately the instructor’s decision. When a refund is issued, a 15% service fee will be deducted to cover admin costs. The balance is generally issued as a single use discount code that can be applied to the registration fee of any class within six months of issuance. In extenuating circumstances, please contact the Teaching Studio Manager, Carole Pivarnik, to discuss matters.
Missed Class Policy
Instructors determine their own missed class make-up policies for their classes and typically include such information in their class description or overview the first day of class. Generally, make-up classes are not possible. However, in extenuating circumstances, contact the Teaching Studio Manager, Carole Pivarnik, to discuss matters. She will reach out to the relevant instructor about the situation but the final decision rests with the instructor.
If Rappahannock Public schools are closed for inclement weather, or other conditions impact our space or the potential safety of our staff or customers, Gallery 3 will be closed. In very rare cases, we may be closed due to illness or other unforeseen events. If you have questions about our closure status, get in touch.
When inclement weather or other conditions force us to close and that closure impacts scheduled classes or other events, we will make every effort to work with our instructors to reschedule the impacted events and then contact registered participants about new dates and times. If it is not possible for registered participants to attend the rescheduled event, we will either refund their registration fee or provide a one-time use discount code that can be used for another of our classes or workshops.
Hold Harmless Policy
By registering for a class or scheduling other activities which bring you into our classroom or gallery, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Carole Pivarnik, Mary Allen, and all Gallery 3 member or guest instructors from liability and claim for damages due to bodily injury, death, property damage, sickness, disease, or financial loss arising out of registration for or participation in events conducted at Gallery 3 or visits to the premises for any other reason.