A native of South Carolina, Mary earned an M.S. Degree in medical art from the Medical College of Georgia and a B.F.A. Degree in studio art from Newcomb College Art School at Tulane University in New Orleans. After moving to Culpeper, Virginia thirty years ago with her husband and children, she established her Side Porch Studio at home and opened the Carriage Lane Gallery in Culpeper, joined Gallery West in Old Town Alexandria, and became an exhibiting artist at the Torpedo Factory. Mary currently paints and showcases her work at Gallery 3 in Sperryville, Virginia.
- Artisan Trail of Virginia
- Central Virginia Watercolor Guild
- Firnew Farm Artists’ Circle (Hood, VA)
- Middle Street Gallery (Washington, VA)
- National Watercolor Society
- Potomac Valley Watercolorists
- Torpedo Factory Art League
- Virginia Watercolor Society
Place pointer on image and use controls to navigate Mary’s gallery.