The Gallery 3 teaching studio in historic Sperryville, Virginia, is available for approved for-profit or non-profit events scheduled between the hours of 9:00 AM and 9:00 PM seven days a week. The space is suitable for small art, writing, business or other types of meetings, seminars, or classes. It is in a beautiful location and offers several food options within walking distance, plenty of parking, various types of lodging within an easy drive, and more. For pricing, see the Rates section below.
Teaching Studio Furnishings and Features
Studio furnishings may be reconfigured to meet your event’s needs and include:
- 10 4′ tables protected by vinyl covers.
- 20 folding chairs and 4 rolling office chairs.
- 2 6’ working tables and one rolling office chair for facilitator/instructor.
- Large screen television on rolling stand with iOS HDMI adapter.
- Tripod and supplemental lighting for camera, device, or video camera.
Other features include:
- Large whiteboard with markers and eraser.
- Assortment of art supplies available for use by event attendees in the teaching studio.
- Utility sink.
- Small fridge and beverage table stocked with coffee, tea, bottled water, and light snacks.
- Comcast internet via studio wifi connection.
- Filled with light through large windows, plus bright overhead LED daylight fixtures.
- Co-ed restroom.
- Separate entrance from Gallery.
- Expansive parking.
Rappahannock County is a pristine rural county in Central Virginia. We are well-removed from the hustle and bustle of city life but still an easy drive from many of our region’s more metropolitan areas. Here, you’ll discover gorgeous mountain and pastoral views, charming villages, and many supplemental tourist attractions for visitors. From our location in Sperryville, your attendees can enjoy:
- Restaurants: Gallery 3 is adjacent to Headmasters Pub (same parking lot); just a short, easy walk from us to Main Street where Before & After coffee shop, Rappahannock Pizza Kitchen, and The Corner Store all offer a variety of fare; and a short drive west on Rt 211 to Off the Grid and The Trading Post.
- Main Street attractions: Post office, inn-style lodgings, an ale house at Hopkins Ordinary, Stonewall Abbey yoga studio and gym, galleries, and gift shops – all an easy walk from Gallery 3 via the River Walk path.
- River District attractions: galleries, jeweler, distillery, brewery, and more a short drive or 10 minute walk from Gallery 3.
- Sperryville Nine golf course, adjacent to Headmasters Pub in the same parking lot with Gallery 3. Clubs can be rented at Headmasters Pub.
- Other Rappahannock County locations just a short drive away: farm stands (in season), inns, bed and breakfast lodgings, restaurants, shops, wineries, breweries, Shenandoah National Park’s Thornton Gap entrance, and more.
Teaching Studio Rental Rates
Our rental rates are based on a block reservation system to provide the most flexibility. Each day is divided into three 4-hour blocks:
- Morning (9 AM to 1 PM)
- Midday (1 PM to 5 PM)
- Evening (5 PM to 9 PM)
Reservation fees depend on number of blocks and/or days you reserve, as shown below:
- One block, one day: $50/block
- One block, multiple days: $40/block
- Multiple blocks, one day: $75/day
- Multiple blocks, multiple days: $65/day
If other events are planned for blocks before your after yours, your set-up and pack-up activities must be done within your reserved block. Please plan your event start and end times accordingly.
If you have questions or scheduling needs that don’t fit the rate schedule, get in touch with the Teaching Studio Manager, Carole Pivarnik (see below).
Additional Support for Art-Related Events
Inquiries and Reservations
Contact Carole Pivarnik, Teaching Studio Manager, to visit the teaching studio, check date availability, or reserve the space for an event. Since the teaching studio instructors offer ongoing classes throughout the week, reservations well in advance are recommended so that we have the best chance of accommodating your desired event schedule. Reservations require a $50 non-refundable deposit at the time of reservation. The balance owed for your reserved days is payable by credit card, check, or cash at the beginning of your event’s first day.
Please note: You must provide a description of your event when inquiring about or reserving the teaching studio. Event approval is at the sole discretion of the Teaching Studio Manager. Event organizers must show proof of liability insurance covering their event.